Ever find a song you absolutely, cannot stop listening to? The Weekly Rock is a list of tunes we can’t get out of our head. Check out the playlist on Spotify and be sure to subscribe! This week we are featuring all of our favorite workout songs, you know, the ones that get us pumped! Happy listening!
I have a confession: I’m in a workout slump. Most day’s its like pulling teeth to get me to the gym. Usually, when I find myself in a slump, I count on a little girl power to get me through. I’m on the outs about most of the people on my list this week, however, these songs are so damn catchy and never fail to get me through an intense workout. Indulge a little bit and here’s to a awesome workout!
- Infinity Guitars by Sleigh Bells
- Run The World (Girls) by Beyoncé
- What’s My Name? by Rihanna
- Top Rated by Icona Pop
- Don’t Stop The Music by Rihanna
- Werkin’ Girls by Angel Haze
- Ray Of Light by Madonna
- Sexy Daddy by Destiny’s Child
- Lose Control – Amended Album Version by Missy Elliott
- Pon de Replay by Rihanna
- Get Me Bodied by Beyoncé
- Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy
Check out our full review of the new Fall Out Boy album here.
- Touchin On My by 3OH!3
- She’s So Mean by Matchbox Twenty
- Runaways by The Killers
This song is always my first song when I start my run, it really builds. Plus, when Brandon Flowers sings “I knew that when I held you, I wasn’t lettin’ go” I like to pretend he’s singing about me.
- The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder
Dude, this song makes me feel like I can do anything.
- Wild Ones by Flo Rida feat. Sia
- Dirt Off Your Shoulder by Jay-Z
- Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars
- Hands in the Air by Girl Talk
- Baba O’Riley by The Who
- Elevator by Erin McCarley
My Erin McCarley obsession is carrying over into this week, sorry I’m not sorry.
- Heart Attack by One Direction
Okay, I know, I know. It’s One Direction. But this song is just so damn catchy. And its a great boost for when you’re running and you feel like you’re about to have a heart attack (because they’re singing about heart attacks, get it?!)
Okay, so I’ve been on a work-out kick since January when I set up a trip to go to Jamaica. I don’t think I could get through all the grueling and sweaty hours without some of these great tunes. My workout mix is a little bit of everything, from old school rock to classic rap, but I think there’s something for everyone. Enjoy & get your sweat on!
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) by Beyonce
- Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
- The Real Slim Shady by Eminem
- We’re an American Band by Grand Funk Railroad
- Feel Again by One Republic
- Pusher Love Girl by Justin Timberlake
- Maneater by Nelly Furtado
- I Know You Want Me by Pitbull
- Light My Fire by The Doors
- Some Nights by Fun.
- Yeah! by Usher, Lil Jon, Ludacris
- Love On Top by Beyonce