Ever find a song you absolutely, cannot stop listening to? The Weekly Rock is a list of tunes we can’t get out of our head. Check out the playlist on Spotify and be sure to subscribe!
- I’m Not Through – OK Go
- Brain Stew – Green Day
- Can’t Stop – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- An Honest Mistake – The Bravery
- Saw you First – The Givers
- I Melt With You – Jason Mraz
- Sweet Emotion – Aerosmith
- Two Princes – Spin Doctors
- Good Ol’ Fashion Nightmare – Matt & Kim
- The Story I Heard – Blind Pilot
- Nothing To Worry About – Peter Bjorn and John
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham
This playlist sums up my week: Random, Chaotic and Hectic. Cheers to the weekend kids!
- Get the Girl Back by Hanson
Go ahead and judge me, I don’t care. I’m still in love with Zac Hanson. Also, the song’s message is kind of nice, makes me optimistic about men (just kidding #bitter).
- Your English is Good by Tokyo Police Club
- Fireball by Royal Bangs
- Bulldozer by Cold War Kids
- Hysterical by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- Too Dramatic by Ra Ra Riot
- No Diggity by Chet Faker
- Goddess on the Prairie by Hot Hot Heat
- The Other Side by Balsam Range
- Littlething by Jimmy Eat World
- With a Girl Like You by The Troggs
God, I love this song.
- Your Arms Around Me by Jens Lekman
Pretty appropriate leading into Jenn–From Whip It; anyone care for a swim in the pool?
Did you ever hear a song in a movie or television show that just stuck with you? The kind where whenever you hear the song, all you can think of is the original scene where you first heard it? Well I have, many many times. Here’s a list of my 12 favorite movie-moment songs!
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds
From The Breakfast Club; My all-time favorite movie song is pretty popular, but it’s such a classic!
- It Takes Two by Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston
From It Takes Two; I still think of Mary-Kate Olsen playing croquet whenever I hear this song.
- Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando & Dawn
From Now & Then; This song makes me wish I lived in the ’60s and dated Devon Sawa…
- I’ll Be There For You by Bon Jovi
From A Lot Like Love; Ashton Kutcher’s rendition as he sings acoustic to Amanda Peet still makes my knees weak.
- Hound Dog by Elvis Presley
From Forrest Gump; Nothing makes me want to dance while wearing leg braces more than this song.
- Break On Through (To The Other Side) by The Doors
From Forrest Gump; I’m singing a lot of Gump songs this week, probably because I spent last weekend in DC.
- All That Jazz by Taye Diggs, Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta Jones
From Chicago; Only the best musical movie of all time.
- Kiss From A Rose by Seal
From Batman Forever; I often wonder what Seal would be today if this song wasn’t on the soundtrack…
- Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer
From She’s All That; If I put on a sexy red dress and walk slowly down the stairs, will Freddie Prinze, Jr. be there waiting for me??
- I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly
From Space Jam; Michael Jordan, alien cartoons, enough said.
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
From Stand By Me; Can anyone watch this movie without crying?!
- You Make Me Sick by Pink
From Save the Last Dance; Whenever I hear this song, I start dancing like I’m in a club then realize I’m not Julia Stiles and I can’t dance.