If we thought we were enjoying Christmas early this year with our 16 Top Fall TV Picks, now we know for sure that the holiday season is upon us. The trailer for the new season of Showtime’s Award-winning drama Homeland dropped today. Check out the emotionally-charged trailer and our breakdown below:
– The trailer starts with the final scene from Season 2 between Brody and Carrie before diving into a series of (emotional) clips from upcoming episodes.
– Saul and Carrie are both subjected to official investigations (and seem to be put on trial) after the events of Season 2. Can we just talk about how excited we are to see these powerful scenes unfold??
– Carrie is a mess after losing her precious Brody and winds up in a mental institution (we think). After she miraculously got her job back in Season 2, do you think it’s possible Carrie will ever be back in the CIA?
– Brody seems to be in the Middle East or another country (definitely not America) and he’s being hunted by the CIA Abu Nazir-style (cue maps with hundreds of lines, photos, and connections). He is now bald, and recovering from a gun shot wound in a deteriorated building AKA not in too great of shape.
– Meanwhile, his family isn’t handling the whole situation very well. Brody is now the infamous American Hero-Turned-Terrorist, making his family a target for paparazzi and news faccets. In addition, Dana is now a Muslim (or trying to become one), and is sending nudie pics to someone. Boy, is it too much to ask that we focus on Chris this season instead of the annoying child?
– Rupert Friend is back. Need we say more?
– What’s the song in the trailer that you just can’t get enough of? We thought you might ask. Listen to “To Build a Home” by the Cinematic Orchestra here.
There is a lot going on in the trailer and it definitely tugs at your heart-strings. What part has you the most excited? Do you think Season 3 can live up to the hysteria that surrounds the first two seasons of Homeland? Can Season 3 make up for the lack-luster Season 2? We here at RPW only know one thing – we literally can’t wait for the premiere. Is it September 29th at 9pm yet?